SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 18, 2015

MY FAVOURITES OF JANUARY, FEBRUARY AND MARCH 2015

First quarter of 2015 is already done or sped by if I were to say it more rightly. Intended to start off with a monthly round-up of my favourites, which clearly didn’t happen. But nevertheless, have captured below the highlights of the first quarter of 2015.

JANUARY

Brought about the new year and along with it new resolutions and renewed hope..

Italian cooking class
Attended an Italian cooking class conducted at Caramel, the baking studio. The teacher was a delightful,native Italian and taught us to make pizza and bread from scratch. We got the recipes, brought home what we cooked and some extra dough. Thoroughly enjoyed my experience. The classes are still on at Caramel infact for those interested.


Thai Massage
Got a Thai massage done at the Royal Thai Lady Spa and although the masseuse was a tiny Thai girl, I must say she did such a thorough job. However, I was in even more pain the following day that I almost regretted the entire experience, but my lingering neck/shoulder pains sort of vanished the day after. I especially liked the fact that the entire staff was Thai which added to the authenticity of the entire experience. Also,  what I liked about the whole experience was that the masseuse specifically concentrated on the spots I wanted. I went for a full body aromatherapy massage for one hour which came upto QAR 170. Would definitely say that was some well spent money. At the end of the session, I was also served with some lovely herbal tea.

What I read
I finished my first book of the year -  A place called here by Cecilia Ahern. After reading Where Rainbows End and watching P.S I Love You (my all time favourite movie), had immense expectations about Cecelia’s writing. But I found this book extremely mediocre and too slow-paced for my liking.



FEBRUARY

Got a much needed break on February as we travelled back to India for long-deserved break and spent some lovely quality time with family. Got plenty of shopping done and a hair makeover, which I am loving even now!

Kindle
I always thought myself to be a traditional reader and ridiculed the e-book concept. But post purchase of a Kindle, I have jumped onto the e-Reader bandwagon. Loved the fact that, we can look up meanings both on the dictionary/Wikipedia instantaneously and even highlight/share passages that one finds interesting.


What I read
Completed my first book on the Kindle by Rainbow Rowell- Eleanor & Park, which was such a sweet smooth flowing teenage love story and definitely a one that would appeal across ages and would make one reminisce his/her adolescent years. Will definitely pick up other books by the author in the future.



MARCH

Come 2014, March was going to be a month forever close to my heart for the rest of my life with the birth of my baby girl and this year, she turned 1.

First Birthday
We had a wonderful birthday bash back home with family and another one over here in Qatar with friends and family. The birthday girl truly enjoyed her moments in the limelight and I could get the party planned and executed exactly to what was on my mind.



GM diet
Obviously with the vacation, the holiday weight did come compliementary. Went on the GM diet and this time, it was a much easier experience than last time around with the variety of fruits/vegetables and techniques used by yours truly.

I am reading currently
Where Pigeons don’t fly by Yousef Al-Mohaimeed,a Saudi author as part of the pick of the month by the Qatar Book Club. Quite different from what I usually read and is giving an insight into altogether different world.



1 comment :

  1. You have a good collection. Really liked it. We also have some good recipes for you.
    For details Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Thank u so much for dropping by..Would love to hear what is simmering and whistling at your end !